Severe Storm Damage?
As we seen on Saturday here in the Tri Cities Region, severe thunder storms can do a lot of damage. Storms can be anything from lightning strikes to flooding. It can tear out crops and plants, blow over mobile homes and rip trees right out of the ground. Some storms can produce hails the size softballs and can cause structure damage to homes and businesses, cars, people and other property.
It is important to be prepared and to stay safe before, during and after a storm.
- Sign up for weather notifications
- Create a family emergency plan. You might not always be in the same location when a sudden storm hits. Have an emergency meeting spot.
- Prepare your home and put away any outside objects that can turn into a flying hazard during strong winds
- Help your neighbors and make sure they are safe and secure.
- Go indoors and stay away from windows. A basement is usually the safest place to hole up while the storm is raging.
- Prepare an emergency kit with candles, drinking water, medications and some food in case the power goes out for many days.
You can find a lot more tips and tricks at https://www.weather.gov/
If you have storm damage, SERVPRO can help you make it "Like it never even happened."®