Flooded Basement? Here Are Some Key Tips
A basement can flood at any time; although this is the season we see the most flood damage because flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall and snow melt. Basements are naturally prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a structure and are generally built partially or completely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Kennewick, WA basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer pipe
- Heavy rain causing exterior water to collect near your structure
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage damage
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (509)943-9290
If flood water is not controlled rapidly and correctly, it can endanger your health and safety, and cause extreme damage to your building. Remember, If you act fast then there is a good chance you can restore the property and damaged materials instead of replacing them; saving you money and time.
KEY SAFETY TIPS:
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.
- Do not walk through moving water. Even six inches of moving water can make you fall.
- Use no open flames (there may be gas escaping from ruptured mains).
- Avoid floodwaters. Water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline or raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by flood waters
- Return only when authorities indicate it's safe.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Tri-Cities West/Franklin County and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals and we are confident that we can earn yours too.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (509)943-9290